$75/person + $100 venue fee* (6 person minimum)
We allow the season, your group’s interests, and the chef-instructor’s inspirations to guide the menu for each private event. The sky is the limit when it comes to class content, but here are some examples of general class themes we have facilitated in the past:
Theme 1 – Learn about Local Food
This class focuses on the who, when, how, and why of Minnesota-grown produce. Participants will tour The Good Acre’s food hub facility and grounds, learn about local farming practices, and then enter the kitchen for a 1.5-hour cooking class using seasonal produce.
Theme 2 – Produce Your Dinner: MN-Style
This class features the best of Minnesota’s vibrant vegetables, all on one dinner plate! Participants will focus on preparing a full seasonal meal using the best of local foods, and end with a local fruit (and perhaps even vegetable!) dessert.
Theme 3 – Can’t Be Beet: Crop. Chop. Challenge.
One secret ingredient. Ten pantry staples. Two hours. One chance to show your friends, foes, colleagues, and cohorts what you’re made of . . . The phrase “too many cooks in the kitchen” will take on a whole new meaning! (18 person max for this activity)
We are happy to work with you to create an experience that fits your needs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to start setting up your private event or corporate team-building cooking class.
- Kitchen comfortably accommodates up to 18 people
- Rental minimum 6 people or $550*
- Classes range from 1 to 3 hours
- Participants must be at least 18 years old (or have written consent/permission from parent/guardian; mandatory waivers must be signed upon arrival or emailed prior to the event)
- All food allergies must be disclosed in writing prior to day of event
- Extensive custom curriculum development will require an additional fee
*Nonprofit pricing available upon request
Additional Facility Offerings
- Meeting Space/Classroom with LCD projector or flatscreen TV with audio/sound, wireless microphone, and portable speaker (available upon request): $50/hour
- Breakfast or lunch catering (prior to meeting time or cooking class activity) is welcome; our preferred caterers include: Breaking Bread Cafe, Eat for Equity, Common Roots, or Birchwood Cafe
Not exactly what you’re looking for? Corporate Wellness and Human Resources representatives interested in additional activities, products, or services with The Good Acre, please contact email@example.com with specific questions or ideas!