HOW THE GOOD ACRE FARM SHARE CSA WORKS
Each week during the growing season, boxes of local, sustainably grown fresh vegetables, herbs and other goodies will be dropped off at a location near where you work or live. Each box will include delicious items grown on nearby farms and offer a variety of healthy, familiar items. The Good Acre boxes will be delivered for 18 weeks, from June to mid-October.
Over the course of the growing season, you can expect to see over 70 varieties of vegetables, fruits and herbs. In addition to tasty produce, each box will consist of a newsletter with simple recipes, news from the farmers, and description of box contents.
SAMPLE BOX CONTENTS
- June: rhubarb, garlic scapes, salad mix, radishes, kale, leaf lettuce, kohlrabi
- August: heirloom tomatoes, Sungold cherry tomatoes, watermelon, red cabbage, sweet corn, bell peppers, hot peppers, red potatoes, Italian parsley
- October: pie pumpkins, potatoes, beauty heart radish, winter squash, green cabbage, carrots, red onions, beets, carrots
Click here for our CSA seasonal produce chart
- Full Share: $600. Eighteen weekly deliveries starting in June. Appropriate for family of 4+, or two veggie lovers. Full Share members get a discount on cooking classes.
- Half Share: $325. Eighteen weekly deliveries starting in June with half the amount of produce. Appropriate for two people, or one veggie lover.
- Gopher micro-CSA: $100. Just 6 weeks of produce, from September to mid-October. UMN students ONLY. Gopher CSA is now SOLD OUT for 2017.
PICK UP SITE LOCATIONS
Public Pick-Up Sites are available at:
1) The Good Acre in Falcon Heights
2) YWCA of St. Paul
3) Truce Juice in Uptown
4) Honey & Rye in western Minneapolis
5) University of Minnesota Recreation & Wellness Center in Stadium Village
6) Marcy-Holmes neighborhood
7) Lutheran Church of the Resurrection in North Roseville
To see a full map of locations, press “Buy CSA Farm Share” choose a size and the next page will show a map of pick-up locations. We want to make it easy to eat your veggies, so The Good Acre has teamed up with companies throughout the area so that you can grab your produce as you leave work without having to make an extra stop. Would you like to make your business a Good Acre Pick up Location? You must have a minimum of 10 members, then call Anna at 651-210-9708 to add your site.
Already signed up but want to include any of these options onto your share? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-493-7158!
Beez Kneez Honey Share: Monthly
We are excited to partner up with the bees and the people at Beez Kneez to offer you honey again in 2017. The Beez Kneez Honey Share includes one 18oz jar (a little over a pound of honey) once a month. That’s 5 jars of tasty seasonal varieties. Examples of flavors from last year are clover, basswood, wildflower, and sunflower. What’s one thing all these varieties have in common? They’re delicious! Sign up to get honey each month of our CSA for just $55.
Brake Bread Share: Weekly
Do you want even more delish in each box? Sure you do. Sign up for a weekly delivery of a fresh loaf from Brake Bread in St. Paul for only $90, and each week your box will include a delicious artisanal loaf of bread made especially for The Good Acre members. Varieties include fluffy white, classic crusty wheat, and seedy round in addition to a few baker’s choice surprises. They’ll be begging to be made into sandwiches, slathered with bruschetta, or eaten on your way home!
Mississippi Mushrooms: Monthly
Mushrooms (no, not that kind!) are a new add-on to our CSA this year. Mississippi Mushrooms is a mushroom farm in North Minneapolis that grows all the hits, including oysters, pink oysters, king oysters, lion’s mane, and nameko. We are excited to offer 8oz. of delicious fungi the first week of every month for a total of five mushroom bundles throughout the season. You can add this goodness each month on to your CSA share for just $25 extra. Don’t miss out on the best mushroom deal in town!
Farm Fresh Eggs: Biweekly
Sunshine Harvest Farm in Webster MN will provide organic-fed, free-range eggs by the dozen every other week throughout the summer. Pick up is only available at The Good Acre only, because of consistent access to refrigeration. The cost for this add-on is $40 for the entire season, which we’ve calculate to be about $0.39 per egg — a real EGGcellent deal if you ask us!
Hoch Orchard Fruit Share
Unlike our other add-ons, this can be purchased on its own (contact email@example.com if you’d like to do so). Hoch Orchard is an Organic and Biodynamic orchard in LaCrescent, MN. If you have been our CSA member in the past, you have tried their delicious apples. For $180, the fruit share will be delivered weekly and consist of one 48-oz bottle of fresh or frozen Organic sweet cider as well as one fruit or fruit product. The more local the berry, the sweeter the juice!