2018 Farm Share Program.
Formerly known as our CSA program, our Farm Share runs for 18-weeks, starting the week of June 18th, 2018. All produce is sourced from over 20 farmers in and around the Twin Cities and Wisconsin.
HOW THE GOOD ACRE FARM SHARE WORKS
Each week during the growing season, a box of curated fresh, locally grown produce will be dropped off at a location near where you work or live. Each box will include delicious items grown on nearby farms and offer a variety of healthy, familiar items. The Good Acre boxes will be delivered for 18 weeks, from June to mid-October and a pick-up option is available at our facility in Falcon Heights.
Over the course of the growing season, you can expect to see over 70 varieties of vegetables, fruits, and herbs. In addition to tasty produce, each box will consist of a newsletter full of recipes, news from the farmers, a description of box contents, and more.
SAMPLE BOX CONTENTS
- Half Share: $350. Eighteen weekly deliveries starting in June. Six to eight items per week, appropriate for two people, or one veggie lover.
- Full Share: $610. Eighteen weekly deliveries starting in June. Seven to nine items per week, appropriate for a family of 4+, or two veggie lovers.
WHAT OUR MEMBERS HAVE TO SAY
“I just love The Good Acre! The produce is amazing and the recipes are so helpful and fun.”
-Chari, Member Since 2016
“I talk about The Good Acre at length to anyone who will listen, so happy to be a part of The Good Acre community!”
-Sarah, Member Since 2016
“We have LOVED all our produce. I think one of the best parts of the program is the newsletter that accompanies it.”
-Lindsay Whipple, New Member in 2017
“I love getting a variety of veggies delivered every week from The Good Acre and challenging myself to use them all up in new recipes.”
-Leila, New Member in 2017
Add-ons are optional goodies that we offer on top of our produce shares to highlight some of the excellent food makers in the Twin Cities. Add-ons available for the 2018 season are:
Bread from Brake Bread Bakery: naturally leavened loaves baked in St. Paul. Delivered weekly.
Honey from Beez Kneez: local honey-makers who are working to keep bees healthy by establishing and maintaining hives across the metro area. Delivered monthly.
Eggs from Sunshine Harvest Farm: happy chickens make happy eggs! Mike and Brandon feed their chickens NO hormones, chemicals, antibiotics nor animal by-products. One dozen every week OR every other, for pick-up at The Good Acre only.
Maker Medley (new this season!): A variety of specialty items such as jam, kimchi, kombucha, and salsa to compliment your produce. The talented folks using commercial kitchens around town make delicious products using local goods and we want to share them with you. All will be gluten-free. One item delivered every other week.
Already signed-up but want to include any of these options onto your share? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-493-7158!
PICK-UP SITE DAYS & LOCATIONS
for more info on pick-up days and times, please view the map at the bottom of this page.
Public Pick-Up Sites are available at:
1) The Good Acre in Falcon Heights, Wednesdays
2) YWCA of St. Paul in Cathedral Hill, Wednesdays
3) Truce Juice in Uptown, Wednesdays
4) Honey & Rye in St. Louis Park, Wednesdays
5) University of Minnesota Recreation & Wellness Center in Stadium Village, Thursdays
6) 6th St SE and 6th Ave SE in Marcy-Holmes, Wednesdays
7) Lutheran Church of the Resurrection in North Roseville, Wednesdays
8) St. Bartholomew Catholic Church in Wayzata, Wednesdays