Put some class into your cooking event.
Looking for a fun group event that celebrates local foods? We offer curated private classes for groups ranging from 8-16 participants. Our staff culinary expert will lead your group through hands-on instruction ending in a delicious and memorable meal.
Cost: $80/person + $100 Venue Fee (8 person minimum)
We allow the season, your group’s interests, and the chef-instructor’s inspirations to guide the menu for each private event. See below for some examples of general class themes we have facilitated in the past. Our kitchen is busy, so availability is limited. Please contact us well in advance of your desired event date!
This class focuses on the who, when, how, and why of Minnesota-grown produce. Participants will tour The Good Acre’s food hub facility and grounds, learn about local farming practices, and then enter the kitchen for a 1.5-hour cooking class using seasonal produce.
This class features the best of Minnesota’s vibrant vegetables, all on one dinner plate! Participants will focus on preparing a full seasonal meal using the best of local foods, and end with a local fruit (and perhaps even vegetable!) dessert.
Want to build your team's skill in the kitchen with a particular technique or just cover the basics? Choose a focus, like knife skills, bread baking, or even homemade pasta making and we'll build a delicious menu of seasonal recipes that your team can create together and enjoy.
Terms & Conditions
- Kitchen comfortably accommodates up to 16 people
- Rental minimum 8 people or $740
- Classes range from 1 to 3 hours
- Cancellation Policy: No charge for events canceled up to 2 weeks prior. 50% charge between 7 – 14 days prior to event, full charge for events canceled less than 1 week prior to event.
- Participants must be at least 16 years old. Under 18 must have have written consent from a parent/guardian, waivers must be signed upon arrival or emailed prior to the event
Additional Facility Offerings
- All food allergies must be disclosed in writing prior to day of event
- Custom curriculum development may require an additional fee
- Nonprofit pricing may be available upon request
- Additional meeting space before or after your event is an additional $50/hour