Put some class into your cooking event.
Whether you are looking to have a cupcake wars style birthday party, a bachelorette party that celebrates local foods, or a team building event that utilizes both our kitchen and classroom, The Good Acre has the space, the talent, and the recipes to make your next event a memorable one.
Cost: $75/person + $100 Venue Fee (6 person minimum)
We allow the season, your group’s interests, and the chef-instructor’s inspirations to guide the menu for each private event. The sky is the limit when it comes to class content, but here are some examples of general class themes we have facilitated in the past:
This class focuses on the who, when, how, and why of Minnesota-grown produce. Participants will tour The Good Acre’s food hub facility and grounds, learn about local farming practices, and then enter the kitchen for a 1.5-hour cooking class using seasonal produce.
This class features the best of Minnesota’s vibrant vegetables, all on one dinner plate! Participants will focus on preparing a full seasonal meal using the best of local foods, and end with a local fruit (and perhaps even vegetable!) dessert.
One secret ingredient. Ten pantry staples. Two hours. One chance to show your friends, foes, colleagues, and cohorts what you’re made of...The phrase “too many cooks in the kitchen” will take on a whole new meaning! (18 person max for this activity)
Terms & Conditions
- Kitchen comfortably accommodates up to 18 people
- Rental minimum 6 people or $550*
- Classes range from 1 to 3 hours
- Participants must be at least 18 years old (or have written consent/ permission from parent/guardian; mandatory waivers must be signed upon arrival or emailed prior to the event).
- All food allergies must be disclosed in writing prior to day of event
- Extensive custom curriculum development will require an additional fee
- Nonprofit pricing available upon request
Additional Facility Offerings
- Meeting Space/Classroom with LCD projector or flatscreen TV with audio/sound, wireless microphone, and portable speaker (available upon request): $50/hour
- Breakfast or lunch catering (prior to meeting time or cooking class activity) is welcome; our preferred caterers include Birchwood Cafe, Breaking Bread Cafe, Chowgirls Killer Catering, Common Roots, or Eat for Equity.