The Good Acre’s licensed commercial kitchen is available for use by small food producers who want to source their products from local farmers. The kitchen is equipped with a range of smallwares and machinery (list available upon request), three produce-washing sinks, 24 burners of range space, six standard/gas/non-convection ovens, 20-quart stand mixer, and one 6-foot and two 8-foot stainless steel tables. There is dry storage shelving and ample cooler/freezer space (see Storage Rates for details). The facility has an alarm system with 24-hour surveillance and guest access, as well as easy on-site parking.
The Good Acre is particularly well-suited to produce-heavy food producers because we can provide access to local wholesale produce through our network of farmers. If you are interested in producing in TGA’s kitchen, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Low Use: Less than 30 hours per month
$16/hr ($160 monthly minimum)
High Use: More than 30 hours per month
$12/hr ($360 monthly minimum)
- Cooler & Dry storage
- Per shelf (one 4’x2’ shelf): $20/month ($5/week)
- Per pallet: $40/month ($10/week)
- Freezer storage
- Per shelf (one 4’x2’ shelf): $80/month ($20/week)
- Per pallet: $160/month ($40/week)
In order to produce in TGA’s kitchen, you must have the following:
- Certification that you are a Food Safety Manager through the MN Department of Health
- Business License from the MN Department of Agriculture (or Department of Health, if applicable)
- Commercial liability insurance
Once all your paperwork is in order, you can sign up for daytime, evening, and overnight time slots through our easy online self-scheduling system.
To inquire about producing in TGA’s shared kitchen, please email email@example.com or call 651-493-7158.
Current Local Food Makers at The Good Acre
More coming in 2017!