Small organization. Big ambitions.
Being a part of The Good Acre means you have the support of a team that works together to make a positive impact both on our community and in the lives of those that we serve. If you are looking to lend your skillset to do some seriously meaningful work, you’ve come to the right place.
Join Our Team!
We will most successfully advance the mission of The Good Acre if our leadership and staff reflect the communities and stakeholders we serve. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive place to work.
Position Summary and Job Duties:
The Good Acre is seeking a new Delivery Driver and Warehouse assistant to support Operations, Farm Share, and Wholesale Manager. This person will help in the packing and delivering of our Farm Share and Wholesale orders to accounts within the Twin Cities Metro. This is a seasonal position, starting June 1, 2019 and running through February 28, 2020 with around 32 hrs per week.
- Deliver all to all wholesale accounts and farm share delivery sites within the Greater Twin Cities Metro
- Follow all company and food safety guidelines and checklists when using company equipment during loading and unloading of truck to ensure products arrives in good condition
- Run all routes in a safe and timely manner following all federal and state traffic laws
- Make sure all pallets and cases are properly labeled and any add-ons are fulfilled
- Arrive at each site at predetermined time and inform Operations Manager of any delays
- Report all accidents, damage, or injuries immediately to staff and 911 for any emergencies
- Ensure cleanliness of truck both before and after all deliveries
- Assist in building and preparing all of the following days orders and deliveries.
- Assist in any receiving, handling, and storage of all products following all food safety requirements
- Valid and clean Minnesota Driver’s license
- Ability to operate all equipment safely (hand carts/pallet jacks)
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs consistently
- Ability to navigate pallets in and out of truck bed in a safe manner
- High attention to detail, time management, and food safety
- Prior experience is not required, but preferred
- Paid time off and Holidays
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience and why you are interested in this position by Monday, May 13th.
If you’re here, we already know a few things about you – you’re passionate about our local food system, when you see something that needs to be done you jump to action, you’re a quick learner, and team player too. We want to know more. This is your chance to share with us how the experience, ideas, and skillset you can bring to the table will help move our organization forward.
All submissions for Future Team Member will be on file for consideration and if we think you’d be a great fit for our team, we’ll be in touch. We look forward to getting to know you!
- Understanding of MS Office applications, Gmail, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Time management skills, with a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- Awareness and understanding of the inequities that affect the communities we serve.
The Good Acre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We are committed to being a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization and we do not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We offer employees a benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance
- 403(B) match
- Family leave
- Generous PTO policy
- Holiday pay
- Fair salaries
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional development opportunities
Our work is guided by the following principles:
- Affordable, accessible, healthy food
- A regional food system that supports farmers’ livelihood
- Environmentally sustainable food and farm enterprises
- Equitable, inclusive, and diverse programs, staff, and leadership
- Respectful, mutually beneficial partnerships
- Timely, responsive, thoughtful programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Strategic, intentional approaches for impact